Looking to replace your entry doors and not quite sure what style of door you want? Are you leaning toward fiberglass entry doors? How long do fiberglass doors last and are they the right choice for you?
Continue reading the following to find out helpful information about fiberglass doors. This will help you make the best choice for fiberglass doors for your home renovations.
How Long Do Fiberglass Doors Last Compared to Other Doors?
Fiberglass Entry Doors
Fiberglass doors Canada is one of the top choices for replacement entry doors, as they are stylish and durable. Typically, fiberglass doors can last 100 years or more. Also, they provide superior insulation during harsh weather.
Steel Entry Doors
Steel doors are a popular choice for exterior doors, as they are fire-resistant and extremely durable. Like fiberglass doors, they can last upward of 100 years. They are ideal for those who are looking for enhanced home security. However, they require some upkeep, as they can become damaged from natural light, salt air, and rain. Besides, they tend to dent easily and can be quite costly to repair.
Wood Entry Doors
Wood doors have remained one of the top choices when it comes to replacement doors. However, they tend to need a great deal of maintenance, as they tend to warp and rot from weather damage. They are not only fire-resistant but often pretty expensive as well. However, if you are looking for a traditional style door to give your home a rustic flair, they will enhance your curb appeal. Cedar doors usually last around 40 years, while mahogany doors can last up to 60 years. Pine doors are the least expensive option but usually only last for approximately 20 years.
Aluminum Entry Doors
Typically, used as storm doors or patio doors, aluminum entry doors are an affordable option that will not rot or chip as much as wooden doors. They can also be designed with a wood-grain or smooth finish. Aluminum entry doors typically last for 45 years and require minimal upkeep.
As they consist mainly of glass, patio doors do not last as long as the aforementioned styles of exterior doors. French patio and sliding glass patio doors typically have a lifespan of 30 years. Bear in mind that they do require some upkeep to maintain their good working condition. Consider vinyl patio doors, as they are known for their energy efficiency.
Pros of Fiberglass Entry Doors
Now that we have answered the question of “How long do fiberglass doors last?”, here are some of the other benefits of this exterior door style:
- Fiberglass entry doors do not require a great deal of maintenance. Unlike wood and steel doors, they will not warp, rust, dent, or rot.
- Fiberglass entry doors come in a variety of finishes, including a wood-grain finish that can be painted or stained to match your home. In addition, they can be custom designed with an embossed pattern.
- If you want to give your home a stylish upgrade, fiberglass entry doors are elegant and inviting. They can help improve the curb appeal of your home while also increasing the market value.
- Fiberglass entry doors are highly energy-efficient due to their superb insulation properties. They can help lower your energy costs while protecting your home from the elements.
- Fiberglass replacement doors are a more durable option for those who want wooden doors, as they will last two to three times as long as wooden doors. And unlike wooden doors, they will not need to be repaired or repainted every few years.
- Fiberglass exterior doors are the best choice for replacement doors when it comes to home security. They are up to three times more secure than wooden doors.
Contact WindowTech Windows and Doors to get a free in-home consultation and free estimate from one of our expert team members. We have a large selection of entry doors, from wooden to steel to aluminum and fiberglass doors.