Are you considering bow or bay windows for your home renovation plans? Both window types could be a challenge and a bit costly, depending on the amount of work required. One of the factors you will need to consider is that bow or bay window prices may be a little higher than other types of windows.
Further, we shall discuss some of the things that come into play in bay or bow window prices Canada.
What are Bay and Bow Windows?
Before you even consider the bow or bay window cost, you need to understand the difference between the two. A bay window has three angled openings, while a bow window has at least four-angled openings. Bay windows are typical picture windows flanked by two other styles of windows, whereas bow windows are curved to create a rounded appearance from the outside.
In most instances, installing bay windows will require adding an extra structure or expanding parts of the original bay window. Bow windows typically do not require an additional structure, but there may be an issue with the condition of the wall structure encompassing the bow windows.
Difference Between Bow and Bay Window Prices
Bow Window Replacement
- The cost to install 5-panel bow windows usually ranges from $3,300 to $3,900.
- As the largest configuration, the installation of 6-panel bow windows normally ranges from $3,900 to $4,700. 6-panel bow windows are most commonly installed in living rooms or those rooms facing the front of the home.
- One of the advantages of bow windows is that you can choose operational panels for ventilation.
Bay Window Replacement
- Vinyl bay windows are designed of 3 adjacent window units and can be installed in a variety of combinations to suit your needs.
- Bay windows prices for installation range between $2,600 and $3,500.
- Kitchen bay windows are the most popular, as they are already common in a lot of Canadian homes.
- Small bay kitchen windows range between $1,900 and $2,300.
Keep in mind that even the smallest bay windows may incur additional costs to provide protection from leaks and drafts. However, they are a great way to add natural light to a darker room as well as improve the aesthetic appeal of your home.
Factors that May Affect Bow and Bay Windows Prices
Remember that there may be some hidden costs when it comes to the addition of bow and bay windows. Typically, a reputable windows company will provide you with a detailed estimate that includes the material and installation cost. However, there may be some exceptions when it comes to bow and bay windows prices.
As both of these windows require a large area of your home walls structure, they may need some additional construction. As the overall condition of the wall has an effect on the state and performance of any windows, you may run into some issues with a larger opening.
At first glance, your walls might appear to be in great condition. However, once the installation process begins, the contractor may discover hidden issues with the structure of the wall, which might incur additional repairs and costs before the new bay or bow windows can be installed. For this reason, most windows companies warn homeowners that there may be some additional costs when they choose to install bow or bay windows.
Contact WindowTech Windows and Doors if you are considering adding bow or bay windows to your home. We can provide you with an estimate for bow and bay window prices. Call us today to improve the look and energy efficiency of your home.